December 28, 2005

teacher s calling

We have been more quiet in the past couple of days and have been focusing on delivering the ICT formation to our 15 students. So far there is a lot of enthusiasm; people ask questions, they get involved in their teams and, in fact, many of them do overtime. We needed a little bit of adaptation to deal with Africa time, but overall everybody is learning a lot, myself included. Wojciech and I often stay up late at night to plan for the morning session, an effort that is compensated by the daily afternoon nap.

I have gotten closer to the girls in the group recently. I got to go to the market with them and to prepare certain meals, which was very interesting. We had good discussions about education, which is often hard to complete here due to the frequent and long lasting strikes. It is also fascinating to look at the media here. I find this trip an amazing occasion for consolidating and fostering new interests, and I am looking forwards to our editing session tomorrow and our trip to Kelo for the new year.

Sorry for those who think my writing is too adjective-hungry; all I do is try to give the best account of what is happening here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home